Saturday, April 30, 2016

Riding partner also prepping...

My blogs will have picture of my riding buddy and good friend Brian after we depart.  But to follow up on his progress, he's had his bike serviced and put a taller windshield on his bike as well.  He's good to go!  He also ordered the same rain suit that I did.  Initially, he was just going to order the pants and he has a waterproof jacket already, but after getting the pants and seeing how high quality they were, and seeing my jacket, he's going to get the jacket as well.   Likewise, I had generic rain pants from Gander mountain, which are perfect for soccer sidelines, but hardly the right ticket for driving rains at 60mph on a motorcycle.  So I came to my senses and ordered the matching pants for my jacket as well.   We both also have waterproof gloves.

We both realize that it's next to impossible to think that we'll be riding for a week in and around the smoky mountains in May without getting rained on.  It's GOING to happen, and we need to be prepared for it.  I think we are.

More updates and photos of Brian's bike for sure once we're on the road......


2 comments: